Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Sangria!


I love making Sangria for guests because 1) it is delicioso 2) you make it in batches, so you are not constantly playing bartender 3) it is very easy and looks pretty in the pitcher. I think I might get this book from Amazon to get some new recipe ideas. Sangria is awesome because you can pretty much make any concoction you like, white wine, red wine, any fruit, any juice - whatever. Here is my signature recipe (Sneaky Sangria):

1 orange, sliced into rings
2 limes, sliced into rings
1 bottle Sangria wine - yes the cheap stuff with the handle, its like $10 for a gallon
1 cup O.J.
1 can Fresca

I put the fruit, O.J. and Fresca in a big pitcher with ice, then fill it the rest of the way with the wine. The jug of wine will make many batches. Very refreshing and it tastes grrrreat! Cheers!

3 comments: